Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 12


Spin class became an addiction for me, though in god weather, nothing beats a bike ride.
But when you bike in NYC, you take your life in your hands. I try to stick to bike lanes, but even in so-called protected lanes, cabs pull over and cut you off, people open car doors, runners knock into you.

So I try spin at 24 Hour Fitness. Beside the safety factor, there is also usually inspiring music (Raise Your Glass) and heavy-duty air conditioning. This studio is meat locker room cold, but the music stinks.

The instructor is also a bit nutty, babbling about her weekend plans and how we need to step up our workout.

I find myself staring at the digital clock, counting down till the class ends.

But I burn a ton of calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment