Thursday, September 28, 2017

Staying Hydrated: Oon Arvelo

Hair and body hydrated 


Summer wreaks hell on hair. The heat, sun, humidity -and ext sweat - all dry out your hair. But I was invited to Oon Arvelo Salon for a hydrating treatment and blow out.

The hydrating treatment

The salon, named for founders Peter Oon and Elvin Arvelo, is a midtown oasis of calm. On the night I was there, we were offered wine or an Aperol Spritz. Since my hair was getting spritzed, I went with the trendy cocktail.

First, my hair got much needed nourishment from a Phyto hydration elixir. I found out that the dry shampoo I sometimes use weighs down my curls and strips my hair of its natural sheen.
Hairspray and straightener

Next, I needed a straightening cream to relax my curls.

It's hard to drink while getting your hair done

The end result - and cocktail moistly drunk
Then it was on to the expert blow out. My hair was straightened, but lively. and it felt great.

In addition to haircuts and coloring, the full service salon offers manicures, pedicures and waxing.

Note: I was a guest of Oon Arvelo. I was not other side compensated.

No comments:

Post a Comment