Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Celebrating Mothers' Day: Night at the Movies

My first Mother's Day as a mom, my daughter was about 9 months old and my husband didn't realize that it was his responsibility to head to the jewelry and chocolate stores.

He came around, and my kids eventually stepped up to the plate, but in the past few years, I've been invited to some fun Mom's Night Out events, including a recent screening of the Garry Marshall movie, Mother's Day.

The show was at the Battery Park Cinemas, which are connected to the Conrad Hotel in Battery Park City. This is a part of downtown Manhattan where I think I'm on vacation - great water views, fabulous playgrounds, a suburban size Whole Foods and upscale food court.

Mother's Day (the movie) is larded with stars, including Jennifer Aniston, Timothy Elephant, Julia Roberts and Kate Hudson. Jen and Julia are 2 of my faves, and I can watch them in just about anything.

The night was hosted by Brianne, of Stroller in the City. Fandango provided the movie tickets and Lindt Chocolates sent us home with truffles.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment