Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Working Out: Makeup Free


Most mornings, I head out for a run or power walk after breakfast. I first go to the bathroom and apply a little concealer, then a tinted moisturizer with SPF30. My husband mocks me for wearing make up to exercise.

I may be able to eliminate the concealer. I’ve been testing a new Lancome skin correcting serum, DreamTone. The interesting thing about the serum, which comes in fair, medium and dark skin tones, is that it actually fixes those dark circles over time.

You can use DreamTone at night, and in the morning you don’t look like a raccoon (the recommended dosage is twice a day for the first 7 days; after trying the product for a week, I cut back to once a day).

I also found the serum to be slightly drying, so I increased the amount of moisturizer I use. The dryness could also be related to the sudden onset of cold weather in NYC, though I don’t remember my skin being that much drier in previous years.

Above, I am ready for spin class, workout sans makeup. And this means I won’t be wiping sweaty makeup into my eyes today.

Note: I received a full-size LancĂ´me DreamTone, valued at $98. Opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment