Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 78



The heat wave in NYC finally broke, so a run in Central Park was actually an option. But I took the high road, Core Fusion Cardio at Exhale Spa midtown, right across the street from the park.

This location serves a rather upscale clientele, and the halls were being repainted while I was there. The light, airy studio had billowing fabric covering the skylights, keeping the room cool but allowing plenty of natural light to filter in.

My husband doubts you can get a cardio work out without sneakers, but this class proves him wrong. We did plank runs, lunges with weights, side planks into downward dog, then the whole sequence again and again. There was no time to grab a sip of water, but my heart rate was up and I was dripping sweat.

Luckily, there were plenty of rain head showers, with thick towels, and cold filtered water.

No comments:

Post a Comment