Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 48



Living in a brownstone is ideal in many ways. You have space, different floors, a garden. But if you live in a luxury high-rise, you can have a gym in your building.

Many Upper East Side luxury buildings have their own gyms, and my fitness pass gave me access to the one at the Monterey.

The amenities in this building are fantastic. The gym includes a pool, a small work out area, and a room that doubles as an exercise studio and children's playroom.

Health club members also have access to a private outdoor area, with lounges and a grill.

I came when there was no class and the gym was literally empty. A couple of kids were swimming, but I had all the aerobic equipment and weights to myself. I set up stations around the gym; chest flies with a ball over here, mountain climbers over there, and tricep dips off a weight bench. The Sirius radio was playing good workout tunes, so I didn't have to use headphones.

I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment