Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 45


Today I hit the 14th Street Y, a Jewish community center on the lower east side. This has a very bare bones gym; aerobic machines without individual televisions are on a hardwood floor in an interior room and the locker room has no amenities.

Including towels.

Had I known in advance, I would have brought a towel, but I didn't bother to check the website. Oops.

There are rough paper towels to wipe up your sweat; after running on a treadmill, I need a couple. Luckily I have a shirt and can just run in my sports bra (and shorts).

Then, a quick wipe down in the shower with my t-shirt, and a more thorough drying in the sauna.

I'd like to think that my immigrant grandparents sweat in the same place, but I doubt they ever did formal exercise a day in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment