Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 23


Reebok Sports Club/NY is an indoor playground for New Yorkers of all ages. Nannies are taking little kids to classes, adult fitness buffs are playing basketball in the full court, running on endless treadmills or lifting weights, and older adults are taking gentle stretch classes.

I take a spin class, an hour-long cardio endurance fest that is 15 minutes longer than the spin classes I'm accustomed to.

Turns out, that quarter of an hour makes all the difference in the world. I am on the verge of collapse at 40 minutes and no one around me seems winded. I feel old.

But I remember seeing a 15 minute abs express class starting at the same time, so I slip out of the toe clips and run - crawl - across the floor to that class. I catch my breath and crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment